You’ll feel like a real winner this May and June when you make purchases with your Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa® credit card. That’s because you get double Total Rewards points—just for making purchases!* Plus, there’s even more reason to use your Platinum Rewards Visa: we will randomly select two lucky members to win $1,000.† You’ll be automatically entered to win every time you use your card. So the more you use your card, the more chances you have to win!
Here’s how it works:
- Get double Total Rewards points for purchases when you use your LAPFCU Platinum Rewards Visa*
- Two lucky members will each win $1,000!† Every purchase enters you into a random drawing. The more you use your card, the more chances you have to win!
There are two ways win with your Platinum Rewards Visa, but there is only one way to increase your chances of winning $1,000† – start purchasing! For questions or more details, please call 877-MY-LAPFCU (877-695-2732).
*Promotion runs from May 1, 2017, to June 30, 2017. Must be a member in good-standing and 18 years or older to qualify. LAPFCU employees and Board Members and their families do not qualify. As provided in these rules (“Rules”), account holders (“You” or “Your”) earn two (2) Bonus Points (“Point(s)”) in the ScoreCard Program (“Program”) for every $1 in a qualifying credit purchase. A qualifying purchase shall mean: (I) a transaction that is charged to an eligible credit covered by the Program (“Account”) and (ii) a transaction that appears on your statement during the Program period and (iii) a transaction made at a retail store or online between May 1 and June 30 except as noted elsewhere in promotion disclaimer. Points are deducted for returns. No Points are earned for finance charges, fees, cash advances, convenience checks, ATM withdrawals, foreign transaction currency conversion charges or insurance charges posted to Your Account. Restrictions apply, ask for details. **Cash rebates applied as credit to share account balances. 0317-41
†LOS ANGELES POLICE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
“Visa Two Ways to Win Sweepstakes”
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- EACH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY WILL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Consumer Disclosure: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based upon the Credit Union’s estimate of 40,000 entries, odds of winning are:
Each $1,000 Prize 1 in 40,000
- Sponsor: Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union (“the Credit Union”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. The Credit Union’s business address is: 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, California 91406.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins May 1, 2017 and ends June 30, 2017.
- Eligibility: Credit Union employees, officials, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. To qualify for the Sweepstakes, all entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a member in good standing. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Credit Union. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law.
- Sweepstakes Entries: Members in good standing may enter the sweepstakes by making a purchase with his/her Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union (LAPFCU) Platinum Rewards Visa credit card. All other eligible persons may enter by legibly printing their name, address (including zip code), telephone number (including area code), and e-mail address (optional) on a 3” x 5” card and by sending it in a #10 stamped envelope to:
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
“Visa Two Ways to Win”
P.O. Box 10188
Van Nuys, CA 91410
Attention: Marketing Department
If a write-in entry card is drawn, but judges are unable to determine the winner because of illegible writing, that entry card will be disqualified. No copies, mechanical reproductions, or metered mail accepted. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2017, and received by July 5, 2017. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. The Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, or illegible entries or mail. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Credit Union and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entries to the sweepstakes are removed for LAPFCU Platinum Rewards Visa credit card purchase returns. No entries to the sweepstakes are awarded for finance charges, fees, cash advances, convenience checks, ATM withdrawals, foreign transaction currency conversion charges or insurance charges posted to your LAPFCU Platinum Rewards Visa credit card account.
- Prize Drawings: The drawing for the $1,000 Prize will be held on July 7, 2017 at 10 a.m. at 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA. All eligible entries received on or before midnight on July 5, 2017 qualify for the prize drawing. The winners need not be present and will be notified by phone on July 7, 2017 at 11 a.m. A complete list of winners will be available online at www.lapfcu.org. The $1,000 will be deposited into each winners’ S1 Savings account on or before July 17, 2017.
$1,000 Prize: Two (2) winners will be awarded $1,000 each. The $1,000 will be deposited into each winner’s S1 Savings account on or before July 17, 2017, and may be used to pay the member’s credit card balance.
- Liability/General Rules: The Credit Union is not responsible for any loss which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entrant agrees to hold the Credit Union harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. The Credit Union and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Credit Union is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Sweepstakes. Prizes cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned, or transferred by winners (unless otherwise stated in rules). The Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prizes become unavailable for any reason. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Sweepstakes and redemption of a prize.
- Tax Issues: The Credit Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prizes.
- Publicity Authorization: Each winner agrees to permit the Credit Union to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Credit Union materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Credit Union in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.