Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union would like to help nine deserving members with the high cost of education. We’re giving away $29,000 in scholarships – $5,000 for First Place and eight $3,000 Excellent Achievement Awards, as part of our 2019 Scholarship Program.*
Eligibility for Scholarships
To participate in LAPFCU’s Scholarship Program, applicant must:
- Be an LAPFCU member at the time of application submission. No application will be accepted until membership is verified.
- Be between ages 17-22.
- Be in good standing with LAPFCU.
- Be accepted/enrolled in an accredited university, college, junior college or trade school for the 2019 Fall Semester.
- Submit application, essay, and supporting documentation to Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 10188, Van Nuys, CA 91410-0188. All entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2019 to be considered.*
Completing Your Application (If you need additional space, please provide an attachment.)
- Please provide your cumulative GPA and include your most recent transcript.
- Extracurricular activities include:
– Scholarship Awards include any scholarships you have been awarded.
– Community Involvement includes all the community activities you are involved with either through school or outside.
– School and/or Work Related Activities include any labs, sports activities and other involvements.
- 2019 Essay Question: Your essay must be between 500 and 1,000 typed words and will be judged along with your completed application.
- Indicate the college you are planning to attend or are currently attending. You must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited university, college, junior college, technical or trade school for Fall 2019.
Scholarships are awarded based on essay submission, grade point average, scholastic achievements and awards, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Scholarship winners will be notified by May 1, 2019.
How to Apply
For more information or questions, please call 877-MY-LAPFCU (877-695-2732) ext. 3270.
*Qualification Requirements: Scholarship Applicant must be an LAPFCU member at time of application submission. No applications will be accepted until membership is verified. Applicant must be between 17- and 22-years-old and in good standing with LAPFCU. Applicant must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited university, college, junior college, technical or trade school for Fall 2019. Scholarships will be awarded based upon combination of GPA, extracurricular activities, scholastic awards and achievements, community involvement and a written essay. Your application, essay, and supporting documentation must be sent to Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 10188, Van Nuys, CA 91410-0188. All entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2019 to be considered. Please refer to the Scholarship Application for additional details. 0118-80