Between August 1 and December 28, 2018, members age 5 – 12 can visit their nearest LAPFCU branch, and guess how much money is in our “Moolah” cow bank. Four young members – one for each LAPFCU branch – who come closest to guessing the correct dollar amount without going over, will win the money and the Moolah cow bank!
See OFFICIAL RULES below for odds and other details.
If you have a child or grandchild age 5 – 12, this is a perfect time to open their LAPFCU membership. They’ll have a chance to win and they’ll join our M3 Money Club, a fun way to develop positive saving habits.
Visit your nearest branch, open a membership online, or call 877-MY-LAPFCU (877-695-2732) for assistance.
LOS ANGELES POLICE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION “GUESS THE NUMBER CONTEST”
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Sponsor: Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union (“the Credit Union”) is the sponsor of the Contest. The Credit Union’s business address is: 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, California 91406.
- Prize: The Credit Union will award one winner per branch the contents of the cow bank and the cow bank itself.
- Consumer Disclosure: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based upon the Credit Union’s estimate of 1,700 entries, odds of winning the prize at each branch location is 1:425.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins August 1, 2018 and ends at 5:00 p.m. PST December 28, 2018.
- Eligibility: Credit Union employees, Board members and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and grandparents) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to enter the contest. To qualify for the Contest, all entrants must be a LAPFCU Member between the ages of 5 to 12 at the time of entry. Parental or legal guardian consent required for all entries. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Credit Union. Contest void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Entries: Enter by completing an entry form and guess the amount of money in the cow bank at any LAPFCU branch location. Limited to only one entry per member at only one LAPFCU branch location. As an example, members cannot submit multiple entries at a single LAPFCU branch nor submit an entry at each of the four LAPFCU branch locations.
- Prize Drawings: One winner per branch from eligible entry forms with guess closest to the actual dollar amount contained inside the cow bank, without exceeding that actual amount. All eligible entries received on or before 5:00 p.m. PST on December 28, 2018 qualify for the prize drawing. The winners need not be present and will be notified by phone on January 2, 2019. If winner does not respond within 10 business days, a new winner with the next closest guess will be selected. The winner, or their parent or legal guardian, must collect prize in person during regular business hours.
- Liability/General Rules: The Credit Union is not responsible for any loss which may occur in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees to hold the Credit Union harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Contest or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. The Credit Union and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this Contest. The Credit Union is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, or transferred by winners (unless otherwise stated in rules). The Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prizes become unavailable for any reason. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Contest and redemption of a prize.
- Tax Issues: The Credit Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prizes.
- Publicity Authorization: Each winner agrees to permit the Credit Union to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Credit Union materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Credit Union in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.