LAPFCU is proud to exclusively serve active and retired, sworn and civilian employees who work within the local police protection industry in Los Angeles County and their immediate families.* Our goal is to become your financial partner for life by offering the best in products and services, backed by the most competitive rates. Membership requires a $5.00 deposit and is limited to the following individuals and their immediate family members:
Once an immediate family member joins, then that person's immediate family is eligible to join.
- Sworn and civilian employees of Los Angeles County or Municipal Police or Sheriff’s Departments or Police Commissions in Los Angeles County
- Paid Employees and Unpaid Board Members of non-profit foundations organized for the benefit and support of Los Angeles County or Municipal Police or Sheriff’s Departments or Commissions in Los Angeles County
- Volunteers of the above listed municipal police or sheriff’s departments, commissions, foundations or related organizations
- Retirees or pensioners from any organization listed above
- Employees of Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
- Organizations composed exclusively of persons who are within the field of membership of Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
*Immediate family is defined as: spouse, domestic partner as defined in LAPFCU’s Affidavit of Domestic Partnership, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step child, step parent, step-sibling, adopted child or legal guardianships defined by court order.Domestic partnership eligibility is limited to a member's domestic partner, as defined in LAPFCU's Affidavit of Domestic Partnership. Legal guardianship: Defined by a court order.